Symptoms of constipation
Top 9 Constipation symptoms to watch out for
Constipation is a common condition that affects people of all ages. It can mean that you are not passing stools regularly, or you are unable to completely empty your bowels. A list of common symptoms of constipation appears below.
- Evacuation of only small quantities of stool (like rabbit droppings)
- Stool hardness
- Needing to strain to achieve evacuation
- Painful evacuation
- The feeling that the bowel hasn’t completely evacuated
- Swollen abdomen or abdominal pain
- Constipation occurs when stool passes through the large intestine too slowly. When stool stays in the large intestine too long, the intestine removes too much water, and the stool becomes hard and dry.
- Constipation can also cause your stools to be lumpy, large or small.
To find out how you can deal with your constipation with MICROLAX® Enema click here.